Are you planning a legendary trip to the European Conference this year? In this case you should definitely join one of our senators pre tours and experience some Romanian scenery and hospitality. See and feel more of Romania’s vibe and set your mood right for the 4 days of EC 2023 activities.
There’s a short 3 day tour if you’re short on time and a full option 5 days tour.
Check out the details below and book your utmost Romanian experience!
5 DAYS PRE-TOUR PROGRAM
20-24 May 2023
Early bird: 550 euro, until March 15
Late bird: 600 euro, March 16 – May 10
Capacity: max 50 participants.
- 4 nights accommodation 4* hotels, May 20-22 in Sibiu, May 22-24 in Brașov;
- 5 lunches;
- transport by bus for the routes included in the program (Sibiu to Alba Iulia, Sibiu to Sighișoara, Sibiu to Brașov, Brașov to Bucharest);
- guided tours;
- access to Bran Castle, Peleș Castle and other locations included in the program.
Before the official start of the conference, we want to invite you to discover Transylvania and beautiful medieval cities such as Alba-Iulia, Sighișoara, Sibiu, Brașov. Take the leap and get ready to be amazed!
Transylvania Tour starts on May 20, early morning in Sibiu. For this tour our recommendation is to fly to Sibiu and arrive one day earlier, on Friday, May 19. The accommodation on Friday is on your own and it’s not included in the price.
What’s the plan
Saturday, May 20, 2023
- 08:30 Going by bus from Sibiu to Alba-Iulia (80 km, approx. 1h)
- 09:30 Visit Alba-Iulia: Citadel, official meeting with the Mayor at the CityHall, Golf @Theodora
- 15:00 Lunch @ Yiamas Restaurant (menu presented by Greek Chef)
- 18:00 Going back to Sibiu & enjoy some free time
- 19:30 Wine Bar (not included, only location reservation)
- Accommodation: Ramada Hotel 4*, Sibiu
Saturday tour description
Day one will start with the visit of the Alba Iulia city, known also as the other Capital. We’ll visit the Largest Citadel in Romania.
- Visit the Third and Fourth gates
- View the Orthodox and Roman-Catholic Cathedrals
- See the Mihai Viteazul statue
- Visit the Princess Palace
- See the Losenau and Custozza monuments
Sunday, May 21, 2023
- 08:30 Going by bus from Sibiu to Sighișoara (100 km, approx. 2h)
- 11:00 Guided tour in Sighișoara
- 15:00 Lunch @ Sighișoara
- 16:00 Going back to Sibiu
- Free time
- Accommodation: Ramada Hotel 4*, Sibiu
Sunday tour description
Sighișoara is a city located in the historic region of Transylvania, it is a popular tourist destination for its well-preserved walled old town, which is listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. Since everything is within walking distance, neatly packaged inside the old city walls, our day trip will have the perfect amount of time to discover the Historic Centre and soak up the eerie, yet-alluring atmosphere of Europe’s last remaining inhabited medieval citadel.
Monday, May 22, 2023
- 08:30 Going by bus from Sibiu to Brașov (approx. 3h) with stops in Cisnădie, Cisnădioara, Cistercian Monastery
- 14:00 Lunch in Brasov
- 12:00 Guided tour of the city
- 19:00 Cultural event
- Accommodation: Brasov, 4* Hotel (TBA)
Monday tour description
Brasov may well be a perfect reflection of all that is fun and interesting about the Transylvania region of Romania. The city has all the elements that make Transylvania such a captivating place to visit, available to you in a single city. Surrounded by mood-setting forests and the mighty Carpathian Mountains, the city is somewhere that immediately feels like an essential stop while travelling Romania.
Discover stories and legends about places and people of Brașov with our local guide, learn more about the citadel and Dracula, step on the narrowest street in Eastern Europe and hike to the White Tower for a great view over the city.
Highlights: Black Church, Council Square, Rope Street, St. Nicholas Church, The Citadel’s Walls, Schei Quarter, Ecaterina’s Gate.
Tuesday, May 23, 2023
- 08:30 Going by bus from Brașov to Bran. Visit Bran Castle aka Dracula’s Castle and Râșnov Fortress
- 15:00 Lunch @Restaurant Bran Castle
- 17:30 Going back to Brașov
- Accommodation: Brasov, 4* hotel (TBA)
Tuesday trip description
Will start the day visiting the Râșnov Fortress, a medieval Fliehburg-type fortress, which offered refuge for townspeople and villagers from the area in times of war.
The day will continue with visiting one of the most famous castles, the Bran Castle. Commonly known outside Transylvania as Dracula’s Castle, it is marketed as the home of the title character in Bram Stoker’s Dracula. The castle is now a museum dedicated to displaying art and furniture collected by Queen Marie.
For a full experience, we’ll have Lunch at the Bran Castle Restaurant. After lunch we will go back to Brașov and will enjoy some free time in the city.
Wednesday, May 24, 2023
- 08:00 Going by bus from Brașov to Sinaia (1h), visit Sinaia Monastery (30 min), visit Peleș/Pelișor Castle (3h),
- Lunch – to go/take away
- 14:00 Going by bus from Sinaia to Bucharest (2h)
Wednesday trip description
On the way to Bucharest, we will stop to see Sinaia Monastery, also called the cathedral of the Bucegi Mountains. This is the first construction in the area of the present resort, being built at the end of the 17th century by Mihail Cantacuzino, after his return from the Sinaia Mountain. This is where the name of the monastery came from, name taken by the town as well.
Our second stop will be at the beautiful Peleș Castle. The castle was built by the first King of Romania, Carol I of Hohenzollern – Sigmaringen, between 1873 and 1914. The Peleș Castle is a masterpiece of German new-Renaissance architecture, considered by many one of the most stunning castles in Europe.
At the end of the visit we will go directly to Bucharest to be in time for the Opening Ceremony of EC 2023! Lunch will be on the go.
Organizer of the pre-tour program: JCI Timișoara
Registration: FILL IN THIS FORM
After the registration you will receive all the necessary information about payment.
Contact: Andreea Lutz (JCI Romania Senator), Claudia Cordea (JCI Romania Senator)